Yes its nearly 5AM in Arkansas and I can not for the like of me sleep!

PSA 37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. 9. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

Hey Everyone, I hope this blog finds everyone wonderful and blessed. How has your week been so far? How many of ya'll are on Spring Break? As for me, I am doing okay, just having one of those nights...well okay its 5AM we can say it..mornings. I been doing a lot of thinking..praying here lately about my life and the life of those around me. Sometimes it so easy to get distracted in the way things work in life that we forget to stop and thank GOD for all the wonderful things he has given to us. This week so much has changed my life for the better. I got the job at First Step I cannot thank GOD enough over, and you guys praying for me. This job is different from any other job I have had, it is a "big-girl job" I like to call it. I just pray and hope I do the best I can do. One of hte questions during my interview was, "Why Do I want to work for First Step?" Here was my answer....

Some of these children do not have postive role models at home, which personally breaks my heart. I know I can not be "momma" to be these kids, but I want to be something postive to them. Maybe all they hear is yelling, fighting, cussing here at this school they feel safe and I want to be the teacher of a place they can call home. I believe every single children deserves a chance, a chance to learn, a chance to grow into a strong indiviual, and the chance of love. Years from now I want a child to look back and say Ms. Lindsey, gave me a chance and she had so much love in her. It might not be my first bunch of kids that go through me but one day in my heart it will happen and for that I will be forever blessed. So, the answer to the question it is plain simple to give the love and support and teach these children who might needed a safe haven and who might of been pushed to the side and I refuse for that to happen to anyone of my children, family, or my students.

So..what do you think? Yes, guarnetted these are three and four year olds but I believe learning starts young and the gift of love starts young as well. If they see love they will react to love, if they see violence they react to be a violent towards others. I am very excited about my job. I go to Hot Springs for training on April 5th and 6th, come home and train at the school here. I was totally shocked I got the job, but it just shows us how awesome GOD is when we least expect something he always has a way to turn around and say, "Do not worry I got you, my child". My job will not be easy, but it will be a blessing. I hope to be a hero somewhere out there. Anyone really. There is so much I want to do in my life, and I hope this is one of the gifts GOD has instore for me.

The other day, I got to thinking about charity work. Every year I donate money to the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association in memory of wonderful daddy. But, there is ever so much more I want to do. I want to be a missionary, I know I have made my mistakes and my faults but that is what makes us all stronger and that is what human relates to. Yes, they relate to humans that have a good life but as someone who was once lost I would also love to hear how someone came from a pit of no return to who they are today. Kinda like a Cinderella story of the Christian lifestyle! I want to change the world and all the people in it. I know I can not change all people but you know guys know what I am saying. I guess that is why I love this blog so much, because in a small way this is my ministry. I let you guys into my life and also you see a glimpse of GOD in every post.

Sometimes, I wonder if I am ever going to get married or have a family. It hurts sometimes I see people all around me getting engaged, in relationships, having families. And, I just take a heavy sigh and say, "One day, Lindsey". But, I know GOD hears every whisper and every tear I shed over that. I know I am only 24 years old and I have alot of life ahead of me it just gets lonely sometimes. My younger sister is getting married in June, and I am not jealous of her at all its just WOW! I am afraid I will go to my ten yr reunion in a few years and having to show for myself. It will be very hard going, they do a memorial for the classmates whom have gone on. And, Lorna was in my class, and Lorna and I always had plans to go to the 10yr reunion together kinda like Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion kinda thing. Its just hard seeing my classmates, I feel like I am exactly where they thought I would be. I just praying for my future spouse and family, and maybe one day "My Prince Will Come".

So, my loves I am gonna close for now and I will write more soon. I changed my layout for a change. Ya'll tell me what yall think. I am so blessed to "know" each and everyone of you. I love you all so very much and Keep Smiling. Your Sister in Christ, Lindsey

3 Response to "Yes its nearly 5AM in Arkansas and I can not for the like of me sleep!"

  1. Beth Herring says:
    March 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM

    praying you sleep tonight!

  2. Heart2Heart says:
    March 20, 2010 at 11:20 AM

    Lindsey,

    I think you are right where God wants you to be at this point in your life. This new job at First Step may be just that with God, it's your first step at your ministry in doing what God wants in your life. This is your ministry at this time. You will be making a huge difference in the lives of these children and it will be a huge "first step" for them as well.

    This will also be one of many "first steps" God will be working on in your life. Continue to trust in Him and that He will bring those into your lives at just the right moments to fulfill and bless your life, including Mr. Right.

    God is good like that, He knows what we need and when.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

  3. Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family says:
    March 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM

    prayin for you :) I am in LOUISIANA :) not so far away :) I ave trouble sleeping sometimes too.
    blessings,
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Post a Comment