Im gonna attempt a blog again its been almost two yrs and I have alot to say so: please go to the link and follow:
Im gonna attempt a blog again its been almost two yrs and I have alot to say so: please go to the link and follow:
http://lifelessonswithlindsey.blogspot.com/ I havent started writing yet but please come here and follow me! I love you and Keep Smiling!
I am fully aware of me lacking in writing there has been alot going on and here I will tell you all my story.
How is Robbie (the best friend from home)? In June, Robbie's dad died. He was fiftysix years young. He had complained of chest pains all day while at the lake, funny thing is I was at the lake at the same time. For Christies bachelorette party. I left early to come home take a nap and Robbie called and wanted to go to Magnolia. We got to about Camden and her cell phone rung it was her brother, Jeremy saying their dad was getting Metlifed to Little Rock. Around three thirty that morning Jerry went home to the Lord. It has been a hard time for Robbie, Sonya (her mom), Jeremy, and PJ but my prayers and heart have been there with them.
How is Joshua (the high school love)? About a month ago he got married. No not to me. And, now he is divorced. He is going through a really tough time. I do not want to put all the busincess out there but my heart was telling him he is moving way to fast for this. But, sometimes you have to watch the people you love get burned. Just like he did with me of three years, now its my time to shed some tears for him. I am praying for him and one day he will learn to trust again and someday will find a woman worthy of his wonderful love.
How is my job? I am in love with it. Somedays are easier than others but I am in love. My kids are great they become like your babies. I work with a classroom of about 24 on average and they sure do keep ya on your toes. They are a true blessing and I see so much promise in each and everyone one of them. Waking up being Ms. Lindsey puts the brightest smile on my face.
How is my sister? Married. The wedding was beautiful, as soon I know how to work my scanner I will show some pictures. Very much purple and pink (lol)! She and I have gotten closer since she has been gone. I end up going back to Magnolia with her everytime she comes down it seems like. Me and Cody (her husband) have gotten closer and is more like a brother to me than a brother in law. About two weeks before they got married both of them accepted the LORD as their personal Savior and were baptisted. It made me cry to be honest with you. I love my sister, we shop together we get along so much better and I miss her alot.
How is my mom? Oh, shes mom. Same ole Same ole. She is going to doctor appointments, cooking rotating nights, putting up with me.
How is my relationship with Christ? For a while I felt it slip, but my heart is healing. I am learning to trust again, not only people but GOD. Trust is a big thing to have.
And, how am I? Im ...hm... Im making it. Hourly. Minutely. Secondly. Ive lost 30 pounds since last August. Do not know how but I have. I am not gonna say my heart was not broken when Joshua got married because it was very broken and for a moment I lost touch with Lindsey. But, I am okay now. Even though he is going through things I have to be strong for Lindsey. Because at the end of the day I answer for me and only me. I have been drying Robbie's tears she cries. I know the pain, the tears still make me cry. Her dad was like a dad to me growing up. This is short but I wanted you all to know I am still alive. I will write soon, dont know when or how but I will. I love you all and I have missed you.
Mark 9:9 And as they were coming down from the mountain, He gave them orders not to relate to anyone what they had seen, until the Son of Man should rise from the dead.
Hello my dear friends, Happy Easter to everyone! I hope this blog finds all of ya'll loved, blessed, and probably full of Easter goodies.
Yesterday, around two in the afternoon we moved my sister's fiance from Camden to Magnolia into this GOREGOUS 1bedroom apartment him and Christie will live in when they get married in June. We made two or three trips back and forth from Camden to Magnolia. And, I had not ate nothing all day, I know HUGE mistake, I was snippy at everyone and everyone kept calling me at the worst times. Well, me and momma were about to leave with the last load of stuff momma's cell phone rung and it was my Aunt Irene. She called to tell us my cousin (even though me and Christie call her Aunt) Jean was at a Easter egg hunt with Bailey, her granddaughter at the church and was feeling light headed so she headed back to the car and told her husband. When Dusty got to her she was unresponsive. At first they thought it might of been a stroke, but when me and momma went to see her she knew who all of us were. They think its just really bad seziures but they do not know what is causing them. She is now in Baptist in Little Rock, so everyone please praying for my dear cousin Jean. I will keep you guys posted as I find information out.
As for myself, I am we had ham, creamed potatos, green bean bundles, and rolls. Then tonight Robbie brought me some Jelly Belly Beans the Easter Bunny left at her house and a sweet card! This week has been crazy, and this week starting today is gonna be equally as crazy or madness. How many of ya'll went to Easter egg hunts? How many of yall went to parents home? Some of yall stay home and was like I am not moving. LOL! As for me and my house me and my mom went to church and ate thats about it. Well here has been a wrap up of my week and this week to come...
Okay, tomorrow I leave for Hot Springs for a day and a half of training for First Step! So, me and momma will be staying the night down there. Be praying as we travel, we will have to be there at 8AM! So, from our house it will be putting us at leaving at 6AM, yes I better have some coffee. I am very excited and this is a wonderful opportunity! I train in Hot Springs tomorrow and Tuesday and then come home on Wenesday and Thursday and train in Fordyce where I live. And then on Friday I am....
Working but besides that Robbie got with her refund me and her tickets to the Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw tickets!!!! I am very excited, now if Tim sings daddy's song I might just have to cry a tear for my daddy. But I am very excited, this week is gonna be jam packed with goodies. So, this is a short blog but I need to get my rear end in bed. I love you all and if you have prayer request post below or email email@example.com Remember always, I love you and Keep Smiling!
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:25-27 New International Version
I found this tag going around list 50 things about yourself maybe others do not know, well I thought hmmm maybe I should give this a whirl I do love to tell you guys more about my life not just my spiritual life but what I am like off of the blog. So here goes..
1. I always check out at least three libary books.
2. I love photographs, it doesnt matter what I love taking them.
3. I’m not materialistic or spoiled.
4. As hard I know it won't happen my mother will never be proud of me or accept me.
5. I’m loyal to the people who have been there for me.
6. I love the way I look in glasses. I don’t even want contacts.
7. I have an awesome CD collection it goes from Judy Garland to Led Zepplin to Avalon to Backstreet Boys.
8. My mother constantly reminds me of how much I have messed up in life.
9. My parents were exact opposites in everyway.
10. I have a relationship with Jesus and know he loves me
11. I am rather quiet around my house because of the lack of someone to talk to but when I am with my friends I am the loudest.
12. I read all books expect romance novels, I find it boring and doesn't keep my intrest.
13. I cry real easy and find it hard to stop sometimes.
14. I do not cry at home, if I do I feel guility and stop as soon as I hear my mom's footsteps.
15. I am determined to be a friend to my kids as well as a parent.
16. Me and my sister are opposites she is slowly turning into my mother.
17. I love breakfast could eat it for every meal.
18. I do not mean to talk about my mom or sister but I feel very alone here.
19. Joshua, has been my best friend for 10yrs and he knows me better than anyone. I can type "hi" and he knows something is wrong.
20. Robbie, is a sister for another a mother, I tell her things that would make the cats meow.
21. I hate when people change when they get a boyfriend, married, engaged, or have a baby.
22. Until I met Lorna I did not have many friends, I spent most of the day with a book and was reading on a fifth grade level at five.
23. Sometimes I perfer to be alone than be with people, but at the end of the day I do not want to be alone.
24. I am working on my driving, I am very scared of it because my mother makes me feel like I am such a screwup.
25. The main I cry these days are because of the things my mothers blows in my face.
26. I have tried to kill myself before.
27. I miss my daddy so much. Even though we disagreed and had arguments he listened to my heart and did not make me feel guility.
28. I love Diet Coke and Diet Dr Pepper.
29. I refuse to wear strapless shirts or sleeveless if I wear sleeveless I have a small jacket to go with it.
30. I cry everytime I read The Wizard of Oz it makes me think of my dad reading to me when I was little.
31. My cat gets on my nerves but I love him reguardless.
32. I love calming smells. Like lavender and vanilla.
33. My Maid of Honor dress is strapless but I have a shaw to go with it. First strapless dress I've ever worn.
34. Unless Joshua goes with me I will not go to my high school reunion.
35. I love ballet flats, I have them in almost every color.
36. I try to make the best out of everything even when I am crying I try to make myself laugh.
37. About six months ago Joshua got me hooked on Mafia Wars on facebook, I think he has created a monster.
38. If you have not noticed Joshua is a big part of my life, he is very much so. We dated at seventeen I did not love him as my boyfriend then. But, at a twenty four year old single woman I love him beyond words.
39. If I make you a promise I try very hard to keep it.
40. I hope not only to make myself happy, but to show my mom I made it on the other side.
41. My kids will know Lorna as Aunt Lorna.
42. I want to have a little girl so bad one day I can taste it her name will be Emma Grace.
43. I also learned about Twilight from Joshua, are we sensing that this man has created a bad monster in pop culture.
44. I read my Bible three times a day and find verses that speak to my heart I write them down in my Bible Study journal.
45. My favorite Wizard of Oz character is the Scarecrow. He is very underestimated and he loves to make others laugh and a loyal friend. Sounds like me?
46. The literay character I relate to the most would be Jo March out of Little Women. I try to stay strong but when people step on my heart it breaks, I love to write, she loves actting in plays, and her best friend is a man.
47. I have post it's all around my computer screen's for a reminders of things. Some I need to throw away.
48. I do not pluck my eyebrows instead I get them waxed I do not have the patience for plucking.
49. I only trust a few people in this world there are only three men I trust: my father, GOD, and Joshua.
50. I try not to give up.
This is from Chick Publications so this is just a direct copy and paste...
The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6)
Good works cannot save you.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Trust Jesus Christ today! Here's what you must do:
1. Admit you are a sinner.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)
"If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:10)
2. Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
Jesus said: "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:5)
"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:30)
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.
"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10)
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)
What to pray: Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" (John 1:12)
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)
If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, as a Christian you should:
1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalms 119:105)
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)
"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6)
3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19)
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16)
4. Tell others about Christ.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (1 Corinthians 9:16)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)
Sometimes I forget that not only Christian read my blog or find it non-believers do too, and I thought posting the information from this website could be very useful. These are amazing Bible verses I have marked them in my Bible, I hope this falls into the lap of someone who needs it. I have woken up at 6AM with this on my heart and mind. Be praying for someone today, look over prayer list if you want to your choice email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your prayer list and I will pray for them as well. Do not worry what you email me is between us unless you tell me it is okay to share. I would never put anyone on blast here. We are family here we just don't do that. I have a few that have been on my heart:
* I have not meationed to ya'll I passed my drivers test I now have my permit and I am learning to drive. Yesterday was my first time out since July and I think I did okay. We drove from my house, I packed out and turned with a signal on yesterday. It went really well, keep praying I have till September 24th till it expires.
* A few of my friends, like I said I won't put none on blast but be praying.
* Next Monday, I start training in Hot Springs for two days then come home and train here. So be praying for me and momma as we travel.
Thats about it for now, I will try to write more tonight if I don't please don't be angery with me. Remember I love you always, and Keep Smiling. Your sister in Christ, Lindsey.
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! Isaiah 52:7 (New Living Translation)
I love the fall
I love to read
I love playing with makeup
I have to balance my checkbook to the penny EVERY time
I would love to have a library in my next home
I love to smell new books/magazines... same goes for old books.
I talk so fast people wonder how I'm from the South.
I read an average of 2 books a week.
I LOVE Diet Coke.
The Lord is teaching me to trust Him in a deep way
I have the cast of Touched By An Angel's autography before Valerie Ber. joined the cast. I swore me and John Dye (Andrew) were gonna be married when I was 14. *Laughs*
i love eating fruitsnacks.
My best friend is a man get this guys and an ex. I guess it comes with ten years of putting up with each other. You know I love Joshua if you are reading this.
Always have a Bible Study in the works
I don't like syrup on my pancakes.
I eat my scrambled eggs with ketchup. I used to think this was gross till my dad died and he used to do it now I cant help it.
I love to laugh!
I LOVE making lists!