He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.— John 1:11
Hey Everyone, I hope this blog finds everyone well and blessed. As for me, I am doing better not 100% might be the sniffles I have acquired. Well, I thought I would do a decade of my life review. See how much has changed or stayed the same or what. I thought about life this weekend, alot actually and even though alot of sadness has happend. I also have been very blessed. So lets get started....
* I was a freshman in high school.
* Lorna was my best friend in the whole wide world.
* I was in high school band, I played clarinet.
* I was in Young Writers Club and went every Friday at lunch time.
* I was a size 14, working on that one this next year.
* Wanted to attend Southern Arkansas University and major in Broadcast Journalism
* My favorite color was red.
* My favorite teacher was Dr. Fowler.
* My least was Mr. Holt.
* I set with alot of people at lunch we were known as "The Round Table".
* My locker was the cleanest out of me and Lorna.
* I had a bottom locker and our drum major was the top locker.
* I was a sophomore.
* Lorna was still my best friend.
* I was beginning to hate band.
* I went back and forth from 14 to 16 size clothing.
* I wanted to go to SAU still but major in Mass Communications.
* I was in love with yellow.
* I was in Mrs. Vaughn's Biology class playing tic tac toe with Brad House (popular boy in my class) when we got news the Twin Towers went down.
* I had to repeat Mr. Horseman and loved him this time around. He taught government.
* Bonnie moved to Arkansas from Colorado Springs, CO.
* I was still in Young Writers Club and went to Little Rock for plays.
* I got my first kiss.
* I got my band jacket!
* My locker was a bottom one but I had no one ontop of mine.
* I was a junior.
* Alot of my friends graduated that year.
* Lorna started dating Micheal...
* My journal was stolen by Brookes Bailey and was a mockery of the school.
* Bonnie and I became closer.
* I started dating Kyle.
* I quit band.
* I had a top locker finally! The girl on the bottom of me was really nice.
* My favorite class was English of course with
* My favorite teacher was Ms. Price, that year I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and changed my life forever.
* Still in Young Writers.
* Joined East Lab, and made movies on Flash. The funniest one was the news cast I took my friends pictures and made them different anchors. Robbie was stuck in the Artic doing a story on dog racing.
* I had a 3.0 that year.
* I was the same size.
* Me and Kyle broke up = drama.
* I was a senior!
* I got obessed with pink.
* Lorna, Bonnie, and I were called The Three Amigos.
* I started dating Joshua.
* I joined Drama and performed in many small productions.
* Changed major to SAU major in Theater and English.
* My favorite teacher was Mrs. Meador whom taught Drama and I am still close with till to this day.
* The teachers whom changed my life while in high school were Mrs. Burns - Senior English and Mrs. Meador - drama teacher.
* I joined Teens Love Christ with Lorna.
* I started wearing flare jeans.
* Our group got smaller.
* My class ring came in and scared the whole night it was too small and they had to send it back. Things were fine.
* Finally made up my mind to go to SAU Tech in Camden for a few years to see what I really wanted.
* Went to New Mexico with JOshua's church to mission. - Life changing experience.
* First year Tech- Loved it.
* Joshua and I broke up - nasty break up.
* My favorite teacher out at Tech (still is) Mr. Dan Miliam.
* Bonnie moved to Memphis.
* I and Joshua made up and realized friends are the best option for the two of us.
* Joshua graduated high school!
* My sister was in high school!
* I dedicated my life fully and completly to Christ.
* I started liking a guy named David.
* My favorite class that year at Tech was World History.
* Joshua decided to go to University of Monticello and major in Busincess.
*Second Year Tech - Loved it.
*My grandmother died.
* Me and Joshua had lost touch not because we were mad at one another but college was getting to us until..
* My dad died
* Joshua came to my dad's funeral and vowed to be my best friend till the end.
* David and I never clicked.
* I smoked cigs and quit.
* I started dating the man of three years.
* My sister had a wreak and lived.
* Lorna gave birth to a little boy named him, Dakota Ray
* We got Salem!
* Third Year out at Tech
* Graduated Tech with a degree in Technology.
* My best friend was Jennifer.
* I made a huge mistake.
* Applied and got accepted to Southern Arkansas University with wanting a degree in English Education.
* Moved to Magnolia into a dorm hall.
* Found out I am hypoglycemic.
* My favorite color was still pink.
* My favorite college professor at SAU was Dr. Belcher.
* Lorna died and left me in a deep state of depression. I could not come home, because I did not want to see her like that.
* I came home for a year to take of my mother whom was having to have a total hysteromy and a possible pacemakerdefuliabtor.
* I could not find work at all in my town.
* Me and Joshua had a huge fight which resulting me blocking him and thought of him betraying and in the end he was right.
* Before I started working all I had left in my checking account was $3.50.
* I had gone up to a size 18 in clothes.
* I went to visit Lornas grave as much as possible.
* Was still in a deep depression and thought of as everyone was leaving me.
* Prayed that whole summer for GOD to show me what he wanted me to do. One day, I was looking through my memory book in high school and the common phrase was "thanks for always being a listening ear" or "thanks for always being there". I remember smiling and thought...Counseling.
* Me and the man of three years broke up.. and he admitted to cheating on me the whole three years and well yeah you get the picture.
* Unblocked Joshua and my life changed for the better.
* Me and Robbie forgave each other and learned who is important in our lives and who's not.
* One Word: Twilight!
* Went to Branson and paid for it all by myself and enjoyed every second.
* Got a job as a cashier at a grocery store here.
* I ran away and came back.
* I got back in church and felt whole again.
* Instead of being sad over Lorna being gone I began writing her letters.
* Traveled the great state of Arkansas with Robbie.
* Laughed again.
* Took online classes from Tech
* Dated someone but did not work - two different worlds.
* Realized who my true best friends are.
* Store I worked for got shut down.
* Two Words: New Moon.
* Going back to SAU in the fall and celebrate new beginnings.
* Realized the people you need in your life need you in theirs.
* Read 100 books!
* My best friends are the sparkles of my eyes and they know who they are.
* Realized Joshua is the one man next to my daddy and my LORD who has my best intrest at heart.
* One phrase and One Phrase Only: GOD is Great, Diet Dr Pepper is Good, And Folks are Stupid as Ever Sometimes. (Laughs)
* Laughed so much more.
* This blog!
* Movie Nights @ Robbies changed my whole week.
* Decided to go back to SAU soon and start over.
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.— John 1:11
Luke 2:9-12And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”
Just wanted to stop by and tell everyone Merry Christmas and I love you!
So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.— 1 Thessalonians 5:6
Hey Everyone, I hope this post everyone well, good spirits, and loved. If you don't feel loved just yet, remember GOD loves you and so do I. The next few days I will be a busy beaver. My wonderful best friend, Meredith called me last week with the joy to learn after a lifetime, well since Febuary techinally Russell finally has scored a job. Now, there is a plus side to this and the negative. Plus is he got the job, Negative they will have to move to El Dorado but another plus be close to me and other friends and family! So, everyone please be praying for them. Friday afternoon/night, not sure which just yet I will be going to Bentonville to help them pack. I will not return till Sunday. I am very much excited, I get to met Belle their beautiful dog. I also get to see Russell and Meredith, are like a brother and sister to me. (nervous sigh) And, I also get to see the recent ex, whom I have not seen since August since we broke up. I am anxious to see him, but nervous because it has been so long. He will be there because Russell and him are best friends. Well, at least I get to save postage and not having to mail his Christmas card (laughs).
I took my final Monday morning at 10:30 down at Tech. This test was a killer, 150 questions. No notes, no book, no little pecie of paper with theroist on it. Nothing. I came home nervous as ever to know my final grade. So this morning, I woke up thinking oh I will be happy with an B or a C. That is a great enough Christmas present. Well, I logged onto CampusConnect go to grades - fall 2009- Access- Socail Problems------A! I made an A. I was so happy when I saw that I said Merry Christmas to me! I love what I am studying but its alot and I do mean ALOT of reading. But, I did all my work, did not miss any assignments, made A's on all the assignments. I am very happy and blessed.
Okay, I been thinking about a few things and ya'll tell me if I have completly lost my marbles here or not. I am going to start writing everyday after the New Years. Start the year 2010 off right. Well, each day I want to do something different. So, here is what I am thinking...like I said tell me if I have completly lost here okay?
Monday - Talk about something close to my heart day.
Tuesday - Book Review or Movie Review
Wenesday - Bible Study day with Lindsey get in depth on something.
Thursday - Ask Lindsey any question on Thursday I would love it if ya'll emailed me questions or silly things in my email for you guys: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday - Opinon Day ask me about something can be from shocking to kid-friendly
Saturday - Prayer Day - I will be posting a prayer and prayer request for you guys.
Sunday - Day of Rest -More than likely this is what is gonna happen on Sundays, I will be summing up my week what has happen in my personal life so you do not think I am not sharing my life and my missions anymore.
Let me know you guys, I love ya'lls voices here. I love you all and Keep Smiling. Lindsey
The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;to one who orders his way rightlyI will show the salvation of God!”
I know of should of done this for Thanksgiving I jsut got so busy with Christie being home and the madness of everything so its gonna be a little late. Rather late than sorry my dad use to say. So here goes:
* I am blessed to have a loving FATHER I can pray to, to read about, study over, and give praise over every moment of every single day. I live in country where I can worship him anytime I feel like it. GOD has been so good to me.
* I am thankful for my mom AND dad, even though my father is no longer with us on earth I do have him in heaven smiling down on me daily. GOD gave me loving parents whom never were the kind parents who were ugly to me or my sister.
* I am thankful for my sister, Christie. Whom I have gotten closer to as the five years nearly my dad has been gone. She has grown from the little Christie that made finger paints with me to a young woman whom helps me with my makeup sometimes. She is pure joy to have in my life.
* I am thankful for my soon to be brother in law, Cody. Cody and I have had a different kind of friendship but I am blessed to have him in my life. He makes Christie happy but that is all that matters to me. I am looking foward to having him as a brother.
* I am thankful for Meredith, for she has been blonde ball of sunshine. We both have been each other's rocks this year espically. She always brightens my day and I know that GOD has truely blessed me with the adopted sisterhood I have and share with her.
* I am thankful for Russell, for whom this year has been so much like a brother to me this year espically. He has been so strong during all this unemployment crap, and glory be to GOD he got a job this week. They will be moving back to South Arkansas! I am looking foward to seeing them more.
* I am thankful for Robbie, for whom has been my sister so much this year. When I needed to cry, or to laugh, or to eat Krispy Kremes with she has been there. This has been the best year of my life. Many movies, road trips, Sonic tater tots, Sonic Lemonberry Slushes, and laughs later things remind me that Robbie and I are gonna be okay.
* I am thankful for Krissy, for whom I see so much of myself in. She is a beautiful and GOD loving woman whom I am gladly to call my little sis! She is going to be a wonderful nurse and I wish her nothing but all the happiness of life can offer her.
* I am thankful for Joshua, whom I love beyond words can say. He has been there for me so many times I lost count after 10. He and I give each other hope when we think hope is dying or is no longer in existence. I am so proud of him, he graduates college in May and I am going to keep my promise to him and go. I love you, Joshua.
* I am thankful for the man of three years. Now, before you say "Lindsey what are you talking about?" I am thanking him for dumping me, for making this one year of yet a lifetime so much better. I thought when me and him got together my life could not get anymore better boy was I wrong. My life has been worth living since him, I found complete and total happiness and it was right under my nose and it was completly free of charge. No amount of money could buy the happiness I found.
* I am thankful for my Bible Study family. They have made me learn more, get more opionated, and find a stronger love for Christ through them. All are different ages, come from different backgrounds but we all have a common goal, we love our LORD.
* I am thankful for my major in college, I am so proud to announce I am a Psychology and Sociology dual major. I want to change the world, I am ready to attack and get this Bachelors degree then chase another rainbow and get my Master's. GOD is good for showing me my true calling.
* I am thankful for my readers, I love each and every one of you. You leave comments that sometimes just melt my heart and I have no idea why but it happens. You reading my blog and knowing the love of GOD comes from with you. I am thankful for the support and guidance you have given to me. I love you and Keep Smiling, Lindsey.
Okay on the right is the ever so famous, Meredith. Meredith and I met my first semester at Southern Arkansas University Tech. We had a history class together by Mr. Dan Miliam, whom in my opinon is one of the best professors. He is serious and passionate about what he does but has the heart to always be helpful to students. The way me and her got to talking is it was test day and I suffer from severe test anxiety so to unstress myself I would laugh or make others laugh. I saw Meredith sitting by herself as me and my friend, Jennifer were waitting on class to start. I said hey, did you pray for this test? She said in a shy voice and a smile on her face, Kinda. I look at Jennifer and say, "How do you kinda pray for a test?" Jennifer busted out laughing which ended up making Meredith laugh. The rest is history... I also had Mr. Miliam for every class he offered and is still at SAU Tech today. I recommend him to anyone.
1. Caleb - Whom the first time I met I called Frodo. He
6. Dark Hair with Glasses - Luke - Luke is our math nerd. If you math trouble go to Luke you will pass with flying colors. He is the sweetest math nerd I know. He knows how to brighten anyone's day.
The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you."
Deuteronomy 31:23Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9
I hope this blog finds everyone well, blessed, healthy, still standing, and a smile on their face or heart. I am just sitting here with Robbie at school, and taking some good ole' Lindsey time. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the prayers I have truely felt them. Sometimes we all get a little over welmed sometimes. Sometimes we all need to sit back, grab a cup of coffoe, tea, diet coke, whatever and just say, "I can not do this anymore, Jesus take the wheel of my life." It has been a rough five years for me as ya'll have read and I am enjoying the ever so important me time. I need time to breathe, to laugh, to cry, to hit something, to curl up and go to sleep all day if I have too. My eyes were opened wide when my dad died, realized we are not guarntted a tommorw, another minute, heck second.
I miss my dad every single moment of every single day. But, I know my dad is so very proud of me. I made mistakes, I did some lying, I stayed in a heap of trouble but he forgives me. Just like my heavenly father does. Forgiveness. I have to learn that reguardless, I am forgiven. Not to dwell on what happend, or what went on but learn that in the end it is not gonna matter or GOD already forgot about it. Sometimes, you just need to take a day, a hour, thirty minutes just for yourself. I know that is easier said than done sometimes. But I have learned, I need to take at least 30mins for me a day or I will not be right. Because that is how we hear our best lessons from GOD. Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
I am learning to be proud of me, and know that I can do all things. Philippians 4:13 (New King James Version)13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Even when I fall on my face he still says I have the faith and the courage to move foward. I am so blessed to have such a loving Father that gives me the strength to do all things. I know that I am going to be the best counselor GOD is going to make me be. I am going to be a great girlfriend one day, a great fiance one day, a great wife, a great friend, a great daughter, a great bible study partner, and a great Chrstian. Some of these things I already am, but before you think I am getting cocky I'm not. I am working on these things daily and that is how I come to be whom I am.
I am learning it is okay to be Lindsey. I am an intresting soul. I am blessed of how GOD made me. He made me a Chinese loving, classic book reading, loves kelly green and pink, note taking machine, and Bible reader for a reason. I have faults - we all do every single one of us. I dare you to say you don't I will show you differently. I have struggles like any human. Mine might be different from yours but it is okay to be not perfect. I love to laugh, and I do not and will not regert doing so. I'm learning more and more about me as the days go by. I'm learning whom I can and can not trust. I am learning that I am not alone. My catchphrase in high school was You are not alone. But, one of my beautiful readers reminded me of that on a comment. Thank you sweetie, I love you for it.
When life throws lemons make lemonade. I am learning not only to make the lemonade but a lemon icebox pie (my favorite by the way). You gotta roll with the good AND the bad. I know it has only been a few days since my dramatic post but I have slept more and probably cried more I have in a very long time. I guess I needed the tears. I am learning to find the good and the bad and say, "It's gonna be okay." On a previous post, I listed things I want to do before I die. You know I really did NOT need to post that because what if I died right after I type this. Is it gonna truly matter if I did all those things. All, I want for myself is that my GOD, my family, and my friends know that I love them and how much my love for the LORD meant to me. I'm learning to love Lindsey.
So, what I am saying everyone is Thank You and your girl is still standing. I am still here, I am still me. But, I am doing better, stronger, and learning. Like a country song my dad use to sing to me, "Lifes a dance and we learn as we go." Because every time we look there is something we learn, learning is what makes us human everyone has the ability to learn. Sometimes we are just to hardheaded to listen. I guess I was to hardheaded to just listen. I love you guys more than words can say and Keep that smile.
Hey Ya'll! I have noticed on some blogs I have looked people have buttons. So, what I am asking to my lovely peoples if you have a button please leave me a comment and I will snatch that button and share your lovely blog with others. Love yall and Keep Smiling. I will write more just busy with this final. Thanks for the prayers I feel them keep em coming!