Bible verses to live by

Like I meationed I am a Christian and I wish to share a few Bible verses that give me some comfort to know that GOD is always with us and no matter the situation we should always turn to the Bible for answers and not that of the common man's answers.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."Proverbs 3:5-6

So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Isaiah 41:10

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.1 Timothy 4:12

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me and find me then you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD,"and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."Jeremiah 29:11-14

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.John 13:34
May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.1 Thessalonians 3:12

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.Matthew 6:25-27

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.Matthew 11:28-30

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.John 8:13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away1 Corinthians 13:4-8

1 Response to "Bible verses to live by"

  1. Becky Arnold says:
    August 31, 2009 at 10:06 AM

    Good to meet you, Lindsey. I'll look forward to getting to know you better through your blog. COme by and visit mine anytime. My pastor grew up in Fordyce.

Post a Comment